University of Alberta Archives: Anderson, Ethel
Anderson, Ethel Cameron
Ethel C. Anderson was one of seven women who enrolled at the
University of Alberta when it first opened in 1908. They
called themselves the "SIS" (Society of Independent
Spinsters), which became the Wauneita Club in the following
year. Miss Anderson was student head of the women’s
athletics program before she graduated in 1912 as a member
of the University’s first graduating class. She
subsequently received her teaching certificate in Calgary
and taught in Edson and Edmonton, where she retired in 1953.
Multiple media, 1908-1949, 0.12 m
Includes handbooks; programs.
Minutes of class reunions, 1933-1949
Students and events at the University of Alberta (42 images).
See also: Students’ Union